Accent Modification This substantive, interactive, and discreet Accent Modification program helps employees / managers communicate with confidence, clarity, and credibility in the workplace.
Note: The focus of this program is one-on-one sessions personalized to each participant. Therefore, there is no limit to the number of employees that can participate.
This program consists of a group session and (7) 1 hr. one-on-one session per participant; 30 minute online Pre and Post assessments are administered and will yield standardized measurable outcomes; session manual and/or materials provided.
Note: The KATEN CONSULTING team member facilitating this program is a licensed Speech and Language Pathologist.
Overview of Program:
- Pre-Assessment: Prior to Session 1, each participant will complete a 30 min. online assessment to evaluate his/her particular speech pattern as well as verbal strengths and needs. The Assessment is then used to tailor the participant’s one-on-one sessions to his/her specific needs and goals.
- Week 1: Group Session: One 1 – 1 ½ hr. group session prior to the start of the individual sessions. The group session will offer an overview of the 7 weeks and expected outcomes.
- Weeks 1 – 7: Coaching Sessions: 1-hr. one-on-one sessions for seven consecutive weeks. Each participant’s Pre-Assessment and seven-week program goals will be addressed.
Program Material Covered in One-on-One Sessions:
- Pronunciation of consonants and vowels of the English language Intonation
- Stress pattern, and rhythm of English Customized field-specific terminology/vocabulary
- Grammar & Idioms American expressions Vocal improvement Knowledge of non-verbal communication Assistance with oral delivery of power point presentations, if needed
Strategies for communication Post-Assessment: At the end of the seven weeks, each participant will complete a 30 min. online assessment to evaluate his/her progress. The Pre & Post Assessments are compared and the standardized measurable progress will be shared with each participant. Please Note: Accent Modification can be seen as a very private and personal topic by the participants involved. It is KATEN CONSULTING’s goal to be as discreet and respectful as possible.